Apple Watch 5 User Experience: I Become An Apple Fan Again

mtn328

It has been nearly half a year since I bought the Apple Watch 5 and used it. It was also the first smartwatch I ever bought. Let's talk about my experience in the past six months.

Apple Watch 5

Design

I bought a 44mm silver dial with a white silicone strap, which was less depressing than black, but for gold, I couldn't pull it off because it was too dull. The shape and feel of the 4 generation is not too big difference, upgrade from 42mm to 44mm. Of course, I will not mention the ceramic version and titanium version in the store, that feel is really no one. But, I like stainless steel, haha.

Screen

The biggest update of the Apple Watch 5 is this screen. Compared to the 4 generation, Apple Watch 5 has a refresh rate of 1Hz, which enables the screen to stay bright and eliminates the need to gently touch the dial every time you lift your wrist. I think that's the most convenient. In this state, the OLED dial enters the power-saving state, which can guarantee battery life and also be convenient for users. In my opinion, only a smart watch that can see the time at any time can really be called a watch. Obviously, this Apple Watch, it did.

Battery

From the time you wear it to work in the morning to the time you get home from work, there is no problem in the whole day. But at night, plus exercise, it's almost time to recharge. Battery life has always been a common problem of Apple Watch, and the problem of short battery life has been bothering me. After all, sometimes I forget to charge it when I am lazy, and then I can only charge it at home the next morning. It's tragic.

Features

I've used the S5's built-in features like noise, compass, and phone lookups. But period this function? Excuse me I don't have that ability, temporarily can not use. However, if the watch was requisitioned by the leadership, this function is very important to the leadership. The most common one I use is to look for my phone. I pull down the menu and choose to look for my phone, and it will make a sound and tell me where I am, which is really useful for me who always leaves my phone around.

Besides, keep and gu dong are the two most commonly used by me. Since I am trying to lose weight, all kinds of data can be directly uploaded to iPhone through the watch. After exercise, heart rate, lap speed and step frequency can be directly placed in front of you, which saves the trouble of looking at the phone.

Advice

It's better to pay for the aluminum version, like me. Not bad money on direct stainless steel. I don't think the titanium and ceramic versions are necessary. Although I have no idea about the texture of titanium and ceramics, I always feel that it is not worth spending so much money to buy a smart watch. I would rather spend more money to buy a mechanical watch. For business people, I think I will not wear a smart watch when attending a party.

That's my experience of using Apple Watch 5 in the past six months. Hopefully it will help you when you're struggling to buy something or not.

Last edited: