Difference between XGIMI Horizon Pro and H3S

eiabjin

Hi guys. I'm considering buying a new projector and deciding between either getting XGIMI Horizon Pro ($1,699) or the XGIMI H3S ($899). I wondered if there's any key difference between buying the XGIMI H3S in China since all the specs and designs seem very similar but at a much lower price. Could you guys tell me if there's anything I should look out for or be aware of about their differences (ie. language issues, major spec differences) to help me make my decisions. Thank you in advance!

Serah598

Emma

ModelXGIMI HORIZON ProXGIMI H3S
Brightness (ANSI lumens)2200 ANSI Lumens2200 lumens
Display Chip0.47" DMD0.47 inch DMD chip
Display TechnologyDLPDLP
Standard Resolution3840 x 2160 (4K)1080P(1920*1080)
Maximum Supported Resolution4096*2160 @ 60Hz4K(3840*2160)
Image Contrast Ratio10000:1
Keystone Correction±40 Degrees Auto Keystone CorrectionVertical: ± 40 degrees
Horizontal: ± 40 degrees
Lamp TypeLEDLED
CPUMT9629, Cortex-A55 x4MT9669
RAM2GB4GB
ROM32GB64GB
Operating SystemHDR 10 x HLG
AI Brightness Adjustment
HDR 10+
PortsDC x 1
HDMI 2.0 x 2
USB 2.0 x 2
LAN x 1
Headphone x 1
OPTICAL x 1
one × DC
two × HDMI
one × LAN
two × USB 2.0
BluetoothBluetooth 5.0Bluetooth 4.2

Linsesa

The XGIMI H3S should be a Chinese version, if memory serves, it should have an overseas version called XGIMI Horizon, perhaps, both of them are 1080p.

XGIMI Horizon Pro is more expensive because it is 4K. Honestly, the price difference between them is mainly in resolution and memory, maybe also some other minor differences.

I personally think the first thing to consider is your budget, how much you want to pay, so what you will get.

If you want a low-priced 1080p XGIMI projector, you will save a lot of money.

If you want better picture quality, I actually wouldn't recommend the XGIMI Horizon Pro, because the Dangbei Mars Pro in this price range has a better configuration.

eiabjin

Thank you so much for all your replies, everyone! I really appreciate your help.

Yes H3S is not available elsewhere and likewise, Horizon Pro is also not available in China. Considering that since XGIMI is a Chinese company, I was wondering if it's part of their product marketing strategy to have different names sold in China and other parts of the world since their supply chain is mainly sourced and manufactured inside the country (hence the low cost) but have very similar technology associated in these two models.

I understand that horizon pro supports 4k and H3S is 1080p. There are some Bluetooth differences and some minor differences however other than that I feel like it's still very much the same. (maybe it would be better to compare to the Horizon, not the Horizon Pro). With all of your help, I think I will be getting the H3S then, taking into account the price differences when they sell overseas. Thank you again everyone!

Elena

Thank you so much for all your replies, everyone! I really appreciate your help.

Yes H3S is not available elsewhere and likewise, Horizon Pro is also not available in China. Considering that since XGIMI is a Chinese company, I was wondering if it's part of their product marketing strategy to have different names sold in China and other parts of the world since their supply chain is mainly sourced and manufactured inside the country (hence the low cost) but have very similar technology associated in these two models.

I understand that horizon pro supports 4k and H3S is 1080p. There are some Bluetooth differences and some minor differences however other than that I feel like it's still very much the same. (maybe it would be better to compare to the Horizon, not the Horizon Pro). With all of your help, I think I will be getting the H3S then, taking into account the price differences when they sell overseas. Thank you again everyone!
XGIMI is a Chinese company, so they will have different strategies for the global market, and products sold in different regions may be upgraded or changed based on older models (as a way to adapt to the policies and user needs of different regions).

Of course, I would recommend buying a product that is available in your region so that it is more convenient for you when you need after-sales support.

jing

H3S is good, value for money and running perfectly for 10 month for mine.
But you need to consider after sales service. I recently break the projector & unable to find the repair in Singapore. There nearest is Hongkong, which cost about $130 to send over for repair. And FYI the global service feedback they unable to repair for Chinese Mainland vision due to different firmware. They offer a trade in for a re-condition new set Horizon ( Not Pro) which is cost is higher than get another new set H3S from China.

So think twice if you want to get Mainland vision.

Appholic

H3S is good, value for money and running perfectly for 10 month for mine.
But you need to consider after sales service. I recently break the projector & unable to find the repair in Singapore. There nearest is Hongkong, which cost about $130 to send over for repair. And FYI the global service feedback they unable to repair for Chinese Mainland vision due to different firmware. They offer a trade in for a re-condition new set Horizon ( Not Pro) which is cost is higher than get another new set H3S from China.

So think twice if you want to get Mainland vision.
Agree, the after-sales issue of the product is important. Many people recommend buying the Chinese version, which may be cheaper, but the difficulty in getting after-sales support is annoying.