H96 Pro + set-top box hands-on experience: many surprises!

Celine2020

I am using a LG 55inch in my living room, this should be the LG Smart TV model into the aircraft before the cross WebOS system. The system run smoothly when opening the DLNA server to play movies ,and also supports DTS sound decoding, but the water pipe really feels that there is not enough power to open the APP to start playing require a long time for a long time, sometimes feeling may be limited network throughput on the card in that film led to a ... (later found to be cross comparison may be insufficient throughput TV WIFI cable has inserted a little better)

originally wanted to buy Samsung MU6100 or other TVs of the same level or higher later think about it is now at the end of the year ...

so I find a TV box to block the current problem of insufficient TV streaming performance!
Do a lot of homework comparison I went to Taobao to buy a current mainstream S912 TV box, because the specifications sold here in Taiwan are generally a little expensive.

The thing to give is also very simple is that a carton contains a TV box (super small one!)

A remote control, a transformer to supply power to the TV box, and an HDMI cable. It is so cheap. Used, own a set of wireless keyboard, mouse, preloaded Android 7.1.2 and so on.

When I first started operating YT, I found that the Youtube App is not suitable for TV operation at all. It has been troublesome to use a mouse keyboard. It is also very troublesome and cannot be paired with the remote control of the mobile phone. The highest video resolution is 1080p.

Later, I found Youtube for Android TVThe APK is actually ready to use! I thought it would be blocked ~ and can be paired, the most pleasant surprise is that the video resolution is actually 4K ! You can directly stream 4K videos. Although the TV resolution is only 1080P, 4K videos have improved from the sampling point of view.

Because the TV itself is not HDR Ready, it is not clear whether this TV box can support 4K HDR video streaming, but I am also very happy to be able to play 4K. After all, the default system output resolution is only 1080p ... but it can cross this resolution limit and stream 4K.

H96 Pro + set-top box hands-on experience: many surprises!

The resolution is the highest on the mobile phone and tablet ... there is no 4K resolution (such as XZP) without 4K resolution!

Youtube for Android TV App is inconvenient and its interface can only be controlled by keyboard or use it to ration the remote control to operate but will only have little effect because usually paired with a cell phone to play and have their own pilot 4K HDR movie at hand, but the picture is normal broadcast time on TV color is wrong, in its In the system settings, you can set HDR to SDR. After opening, the video color will be normal. It also has SDR to HDR. However, because the TV itself is not HDR Ready as mentioned above, this switch is not very useful.