How to choose smart TV

tvgeek

A lot of friends of mine have asked me how to choose a smart TV today I wrote this article about choosing a smart TV. I hope it can help those who don't know much about TV.

1. who uses this smart TV

if this TV is for elder people, then you should make sure its easy for old people to use it and it doesn't have to have many functions.
For younger generation, you should focus on the performance/ quality/ screen/ system/ how many apps the platform has

Anyway, we have to buy smart TVs according to our requirements.

2. TV screen size

I cannot say a specific size of TV beacuse when you watch TV in different scene like in living room or bedroom, watching a movie or doing presentations.
Different scenes decide how big the screen should be.

3. Budget

If your budget is $500, just forget about OLED 4K TV.

OK, I listed three aspects before buying a smart and now I wanna share with some tips on choosing TV

1. Good picture quality

True 4K: the difference between true 4K and false 4K is that true 4K is RGB in 3 colors and false 4K is RGBW in 4 colors. As for true or false 4K, ask the seller whether it is 4-color RGB or 3-color RGB before buying a TV.

Motion compensation: must be available on TVS priced above $500

Wide gamut: general TV gamut is in 72%NTCS and 100%NTCS this value, higher than this value, is wide gamut TV. A wide color gamut means a richer color, which gives a better visual effect. Bonus points if there is, and not much impact if there is not. Unless you are painting quality control.

Control light partition: tell to average person, see backlight to go. Side-in backlight is usually used on ultra-thin TVS. Direct - in backlight is slightly better.

Don't know the difference between 4K and non-4k?

How to choose smart TV

Now 4K machine has been popularized, it is recommended to buy 4K, as for the difference between 4K machine and non-4k machine, that is, the difference between myopia wearing glasses and not wearing glasses, specific effects refer to the following figure:

Don't know the difference between motion compensation and no motion compensation?
Motion compensation is a technique to prevent tail blur when the picture is moving at high speed. For us, we don't need to know the principle behind it, we just need to know what kind of effect you want in the following picture.

If you like fuzzy beauty, choose one without motion compensation. If you like clarity, choose something with motion compensation.

2. Good Specs

Processor: at least four cores. A73 times 2 plus A53 times 2 is pretty good.
RAM: anything above 2GB is fine. Storage memory is not required.
USB2.0 and HDMI2.0 are about right.

3. Good OS

Operating system: it has to be android. Why? Because it's easy to install third-party software.
Bluetooth: the TV that does not have bluetooth function is to play hooligan. Without bluetooth, how do I use my stereo, headphones, and gamepad?
Intelligent voice control: intelligent voice control will make the use of TV greatly improved, it is a blessing for lazy people.

Last edited: