Samsung Samsung Q9FN QLED review: Best tv I’ve ever set eyes on!

Much is expected of this TV. We can blame Goldorak for that!
Hopefully this can be the start of Samsung striking back and we all win

1587183018475.png

Last edited:
Ok love no worries! I’ve literally just got it out of the box and my flat is an absolute tip so bear with me!

1587183292739.png

1587183318695.png

Last edited:
1587183354892.png

I have a js9000 and this one connect box is massive in comparison

Not sure if anybody is interested in this but I’ll post anyway..?

1587183378528.png

Last edited:
1587183396930.png

My lights are on full.. it’s so bright to begin with it’s made the room look like the lights are dimmed.. more to come tomorrow after I’ve had a little play..

Last edited:
1587183421674.png

This tv is really good.. this is what the kids were watching, source is Netflix from the tv in hd. Looks so good in day time too! 4K hdr lost in space looks epic!

Last edited:
One or two things I did note, was some dse on mordernwize dse YouTube vid.. but nothing I can see while watching normal content and not as bad as my js9000 which I’ve never noticed dse on before the stress test.. I’m going to update the tv later this evening and see what that brings as I did notice a few flickers on certain scenes from YouTube 4K hdr. (The only way I can describe them is like when you saw a pinstripe suit in full 1080p when hd was new) I have seen on other sites that firmware has fixed some of these issues so I’ll see. To be honest though these things I’ve noted are very mild and I’m super picky over TVs (sent back my last 4 sets of different types) and this one for me is a keeper!! Best tv I’ve ever set eyes on!

Xmint

Did you have an oled before ? Believe you said you have a js9000. Is that Samsung or LG lcd?
Reassuring to hear you like tv

Did you have an oled before ? Believe you said you have a js9000. Is that Samsung or LG lcd?
Reassuring to hear you like tv
My old tv was a js9000 Samsung and to be honest it was a fantastic tv! The black levels And brightness was really good for an edge lit tv and it had Samsung’s SUHD tech which made colors really good too. The only thing I didn’t like on it much was the motion and I previously sent back the js8000 because of motion and settled on the js9000 as it’s motion was better. This Q9FN though has none of those motion issues it’s just in a league of its own!

akagi1945

10E3BC3C-FB45-4740-A946-7A1C0985DF12.jpeg

Very excited, I have the 75” on order. A bit more sorting and fettling required before I’m ready. Speakers going to be Monitor Audio
CP-IW260X