- 1 Why is Sony TV blinking red light 6 times?
- 2 How to fix Sony TV blinking red light 6 times?
- 3 Summary
- 4 FAQs
This article will show you how to fix Sony TV blinking red light 6 times.
As one of the world's leading electronics brands, Sony TVs are known for their excellent quality and advanced technology. Sony TVs perform well, but like all other models of TVs, Sony TVs can have problems.
If you experience Sony TV blinking red light 6 times, don't worry, this article will provide you with tips for a quick fix. You can troubleshoot through the methods listed in this article.
Why is Sony TV blinking red light 6 times?
There are many reasons for the Sony TV red light flashing 6 times, here are some common causes from which you can start troubleshooting.
1. Sony TV temporary system error.
2. Cable problem.
3. TV backlight failure.
4. Sony TV circuit board failure.
5. Insufficient power supply.
6. TV vent blockage.
7. outdated TV software.
8. TV external device failure.
How to fix Sony TV blinking red light 6 times?
After understanding the possible causes of the red blinking light on your Sony TV, you can try the following fixes.
Restart Sony TV
The first fix you can try is to restart your Sony TV, the key to this method is to perform a power cycle. This method also becomes a soft reset and will fix most temporary errors in your TV system. Please follow the steps below. (Check out how to fix Sony TV keeps rebooting)
1. Unplug the Sony TV's power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Press and hold the power button on the TV for about 30 seconds.
3. Wait for about 60 seconds.
4. Plug the Sony TV back into the outlet.
5. Turn on the Sony TV and check if the red light is still blinking.
You can also use the remote control to perform a reboot on your Sony TV. You can refer to the following steps, which may vary slightly from one Sony TV model to another.
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Select Settings.
3. Navigate to Device preferences.
4. Select About.
5. Then select Restart and click Restart again.
Check the power supply
The insufficient power supply may be the cause of the blinking red light on Sony TV. You can try to check if the power supply is properly powered in the following ways.
1. Check if the power cable is damaged or faulty, if so please replace it with a new one in time.
2. Make sure the power cable is firmly inserted.
3. Do not use a surge protector or power strip to plug the Sony TV's power supply directly into a wall outlet.
4. Try plugging the TV into another wall outlet and if the red light does not continue to flash, the problem is with the original outlet.
5. If you are using a Sony projector TV with a built-in lamp, try to let it cool down for a few minutes before plugging it back into the power source.
Disconnect external devices
The problem with your Sony TV flashing red maybe with the device connected to the TV, you need to disconnect the device to find out which device is the problem.
1. Disconnect all devices connected to the Sony TV port.
2. Restart the TV.
3. Reconnect your devices to the TV one by one.
4. While recovering the devices, check your Sony TV for a flashing red light, this will help you to identify if one of the devices is malfunctioning.
Check for Sony TV system updates
If your TV system is out of date, you may experience a lot of minor problems in using it. Sony Smart TVs fix known bugs or update new features by pushing out new firmware, so you need to make sure your TV is using the latest version of the firmware. Please follow the steps below to check for Sony TV software updates.
Sony Google TV:
1. Press the Home button on your Sony TV remote.
2. Select Settings.
3. Click System, and then select About.
4. Select System Software Update.
5. Set Automatically check for updates to On.
Sony Android TV:
1. Press the HELP button on the remote.
2. Select Status & Diagnostics.
3. Click System software update.
4. Set Automatically check for updates to On.
Factory Reset Sony TV
If you have tried the above and still can't fix the Sony TV blinking red light 6 times, you can try resetting your Sony TV to the factory default settings. After the reset Sony TV will erase all data including all your login information, please save your important information before performing the reset. Please follow the steps below to factory reset your Sony TV.
Please follow the steps below to factory reset your Sony TV.
1. Press the Home button of the remote control, or the Quick Settings button if available.
2. Select System.
3. Click About → Reset.
4. Select Factory data reset → Erase everything → Yes.
If you are unable to access the Sony TV menu, you can force a factory reset as follows
1. Unplug the TV power cord from the power outlet.
2. Press and hold the power button on your Sony TV. If there is a Volume Down button on your TV, press and hold the Power button and Volume Down (-) button at the same time.
3. While holding down the button, reinsert the power cord.
4. Wait for the green LED to light up and release the button.
5. Wait for the TV to finish resetting and the TV will restart 2 times.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the initial setup.
Contact Sony Support
If none of the above works, the best way is to contact Sony's customer support for professional help. Sometimes the problem may be in the circuit board or the TV backlight, and it is best to get a professional to repair it in this case. If your TV is still under warranty, you can get a free repair or parts replacement.
Sony TV blinking red light 6 times may be caused by a variety of reasons, such as temporary system errors, power supply failure, external device problems, motherboard failure, etc. In most cases, you can do a quick fix by way of this article. If all ways are not lucky, you can contact the Sony support team.
Why is my Sony TV flashing red light 6 times?
The number of times the Standby Red light blinks in standby mode indicates that there is an issue with the TV.
The Red light blinking code is one of several Sony TV blinking codes. It can begin to flash on and off anywhere from 2 to 8 times in a row. It could be a shot inside the circuit component, a burned capacitor, a backlight issue, or something else.
How do I fix the red light on my Sony TV?
You can follow the fixes in this article for troubleshooting, and if all else fails, you can try factory resetting your Sony TV.