The best white projector screens in 2020

Celine2020

Which are the best white projector screens in 2020? This article does not aim to draw up an exhaustive list of white fabrics on the market, so I will focus only on the best projector screens of them, that is to say those projector screens that deliver a very "clean" rendering , without shine or glitter effect. Contrary to what one might think, few white canvases meet this criterion, they are even quite rare! Let's see projector screens without further ado.

Projector screens: Absolute Reference White 1.0

Although this canvas is the entry level at Xtrem Screen, it remains an excellent quality / price ratio. It is available in a full and transparent version, on a fixed or roll-up screen.

Price
  • Black velvet frame screen (Frame Velours): from $ 550 in full version, $ 800 in transparent version.
  • Motorized tensioned screen (On Ceiling Classic): from $ 1,490 in full version, $ 1,750 in transparent version.
My opinion
I have used this canvas for years, on a motorized screen. It is very good value for money, its rendering is very clean (without reaching the level of excellence of the Absolute Perfect White 1.2, also at Xtrem Screen, or the Stewart SnoMatte 100) and it is very neutral on the colorimetric level.

Projector screens: Absolute Perfect White 1.2

Absolute Perfect White 1.2 is the white canvas at Xtrem Screen with the "cleanest" rendering. It is available in a full and transparent version, on a fixed or roll-up screen.

Price
  • Black velvet frame screen (Frame Velours): from $ 1,150 in full version, $ 1,750 in transparent version.
  • Motorized tensioned screen (Elite On Ceiling): from $ 2,990 in full version, $ 3,590 in transparent version.
My opinion
I already talked about it in his test, the Absolute Perfect White 1.2 represents in my opinion the "high fidelity" of the image. In addition, it has a slight gain of 1.2, so it is 20% brighter compared to a gain fabric 1, which is a real tour de force because in general it is at the expense of cleanliness. 'picture. Well for Absolute Perfect White 1.2, this is not the case!

Projector screens: Stewart SnoMatte 100

The SnoMatte 100 is Stewart's equivalent of Absolute Perfect White 1.2. It is available in a full and transparent version, on a fixed or roll-up screen.

Price
Undisclosed, but Stewart is famous for being expensive.

My opinion
I had the opportunity to compare the Stewart SnoMatte 100 with the Absolute Perfect White 1.2. They are very similar, in particular their very fine structure, but the Xtrem Screen canvas is brighter.

Conclusion

I do not know whether to rejoice or deplore it, but to my knowledge, on the market, only the three white projector screens mentioned above have a completely "clean" rendering. For the other white fabrics, some are correct, that is to say that their rendering is good, without being irreproachable, but that can go as far as an scandalous rendering with certain brands at “low prices” or for certain transparent fabrics.

Remember, dear readers, that the quality of the projector screen is important, because it is not the projector you are looking at, but the image reflecting on the projector screen! It is therefore useless to sometimes put a lot of money, for example in a native 4K projector, if it is to project on a mediocre projector screen.