What does the contrast of a projector mean? what's the effect?

What does the contrast of the projector mean? What kind of criteria should this parameter be used to measure when purchasing a projector? Today I will share with you, what is the role of the projector's contrast?

What does the contrast of a projector mean? what's the effect?

1. What is the contrast:

Contrast refers to the measurement of different brightness levels between the brightest white and the darkest black in the light and dark areas of an image. The larger the difference range, the greater the contrast. The smaller the difference range, the smaller the contrast . : 1 can easily display vivid and rich colors. When the contrast ratio is up to 300: 1, it can support all levels of colors. However, the contrast ratio suffers from the same dilemma as brightness, and there is currently no effective and fair standard to measure the contrast ratio, so the best way to identify it depends on the user's eyes.​

In simple terms, contrast is the ratio of the brightness at the brightest point (white) to the darkest (black) at the same point on the screen. So what is the role of contrast?

2. the role of contrast

At a reasonable brightness value, the higher the contrast, the more color levels the screen can display, the more vivid the picture, and the better the quality of the natural screen, which can make the video content more Rich three-dimensional. The above is the content of contrast and the role of contrast. When the contrast of the projector is higher, the characters will become more three-dimensional, which is especially obvious in the dark room environment! I hope you can help everyone, I wish you all a happy projection experience!