How to upgrade Dangbei X3 to international version?

esegan

I have a firmware of version 2.1.9.8, which should be the latest version
There is only 1 global firmware for X3, but at least 3 new Chinese firmwares have already been released, but this global one is already outdated, the latest Chinese firmware is April / May v3.1.2.2, but it can no longer change the language to English.
For me, the optimal firmware is 2.6.1.1, it is the penultimate one, that is, not old, you can change it to English and there are all color and image settings in the android hidden menu.
I know Chinese firmware.
1.9.xx
2.5.xx
3.1.2.2 - last April/May. 2.1.9.8 is no longer a new firmware.

Last edited:

esegan

I saw that Dangbei is coming out with X3 Pro in China, which should be Mars Pro. The quality of the picture is amazing when the projector projects 300inch, have you ever tried such a big screen?
Can I have information and a link to the X3 Pro? I heard about the X3 Pro, but it seems to me that these are the tricks of the sellers, they just change the firmware to the global one.
I have not tried 300 inches, I have a gray screen of about 145 inches.

wheelee

WOW! I guess this will be my endgame projector then lol
will save up for this baby, now wait & see about it's reliability & quality. I hope it will last long.
thanks for the heads up @esegan

X3 PRO

RickyT

Can I have information and a link to the X3 Pro? I heard about the X3 Pro, but it seems to me that these are the tricks of the sellers, they just change the firmware to the global one.
It's the Chinese version of Dangbei Mars Pro. Check the Dangbei X3 Review, it's pretty cool!

TomasM

In China, many users treat the Dangbei X3 as an "investment product":ROFLMAO:, and I saw recent data from Chinese e-commerce platforms that the Dangbei X3 is the number one projector in terms of value retention.

So they are looking forward to X3 Pro

o32121g

dangbei projector.JPG

Dangbei Laser Projector

300 inches is shocking. In the lower left corner is a 55-inch TV.

esegan

Good news and maybe advanced users will like it.
Dangbei Mars Pro and most likely X3 with global firmware (not tested yet), have android settings. Android internal settings can be called via ADB from a computer with a specific command.

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_204642 - копия.jpg
    IMG_20220527_204642 - копия.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20220527_204708 - копия.jpg
    IMG_20220527_204708 - копия.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_20220527_204728 - копия.jpg
    IMG_20220527_204728 - копия.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 223

Jeffery

Dangbei Mars Pro and most likely X3 with global firmware (not tested yet), have android settings. Android internal settings can be called via ADB from a computer with a specific command.
How to enable ADB on Mars Pro?

What's it for

esegan

How to enable ADB on Mars Pro?
1. Enable developer mode in Mars pro. Move the cursor to the setting in the upper left corner of the home page, press the remote control five times continuously, you can enter the developer mode page.
2. After entering the developer mode, use adb to connect to the mars pro projector, and enter the command adb shell am start com.android.tv.settings/.MainSettings to call up the Android native menu.
3. To control via ADB , I used an application on the computer (ADBAppControl )

esegan

What's it for
In fact, the projector has almost no color settings in the main menu, and no custom RGB tint settings at all. There is an auto intelligent setting, but the projector itself adjusts the image according to the sensor and you cannot influence it.
In these hidden android settings, there is a full set of settings for accurate color and image calibration (grayscale common RGB, 2 and 11 RGB points, 3 general gamma adjustment modes, precise gamma settings, color space settings for all 6 colors, noise reduction settings, dynamic contrast settings, and so on).

wheelee

Hi esegan, nice of you find a way to tinker with the projector!

Do you think it's possible if i buy the Chinese version of the X3 Pro we can flash the international Version on it?
Would it be safe to to do it or is there a possibility that the pj might be bricked?
thanks

esegan

Hi esegan, nice of you find a way to tinker with the projector!

Do you think it's possible if i buy the Chinese version of the X3 Pro we can flash the international Version on it?
Would it be safe to to do it or is there a possibility that the pj might be bricked?
thanks
What's the point of buying a Chinese 4K X3 Pro if 4K Mars Pro is cheaper?
Theoretically, it is possible, since the Dangbei service wrote that the models are completely the same, the differences are only in the firmware.

wheelee

$1300 vs $1600
the extra $300 can get a decent screen or some add-ons :D
the only problem will be is the fear of Bricking the PJ!

Katherine_K

$1300 vs $1600
the extra $300 can get a decent screen or some add-ons :D
the only problem will be is the fear of Bricking the PJ!
That's a point. But I still prefer to buy Mars pro, its function and compatibility should be more suitable for our use

Lily15

In fact, the projector has almost no color settings in the main menu, and no custom RGB tint settings at all. There is an auto intelligent setting, but the projector itself adjusts the image according to the sensor and you cannot influence it.
In these hidden android settings, there is a full set of settings for accurate color and image calibration (grayscale common RGB, 2 and 11 RGB points, 3 general gamma adjustment modes, precise gamma settings, color space settings for all 6 colors, noise reduction settings, dynamic contrast settings, and so on).
Do you have a good setting for Mars pro that you can share with us? 😃 😃