Sony's 2024 TV Lineup Revealed: Focusing on High-End Mini LED Technology

Barton7

Sony's presence was notably absent from this year's CES and AWE exhibitions in terms of televisions. However, reports suggest that its lineup for 2024 is taking shape, with a strong focus on high-end flagship products featuring Mini LED technology, gradually shifting away from OLED televisions. Additionally, there have been updates from two South Korean companies in the television sector:

Sony Mini LED.jpg

• According to reports from South Korean media, Samsung Display is reallocating a significant number of employees from its department manufacturing QD-OLED panels to smaller and medium-sized departments.
  • LG, a leading producer of OLED television panels, continues to expand its OLED business. However, this year, it has also adopted a dual-track strategy involving both OLED and QNED televisions, with a focus on developing Mini LED televisions that are more accessible to consumers.
Sony's plans for 2024 include establishing Mini LED as the flagship television technology. The XR90 lineup, featuring Mini LED technology, is expected to include models such as the K-85XR90, K-75XR90, and K-65XR90, aligning closely with last year's lineup.

Since the introduction of the OLED television A1 in 2017, Sony has been synonymous with OLED TVs. However, the shift towards Mini LED technology has been on the horizon for some time.

This strategic shift is driven by considerations such as processor capabilities, driver technology, and power optimization. Sony claims to use the world's smallest driver IC, enabling finer control over dimming. As a result, it is anticipated that 2024's Mini LED televisions will feature more dimming zones, leading to enhanced picture quality.

sasamomo

Looking for a small, portable speaker for picnics and pool days. The Sony SRS-XB100 sounds perfect, especially if the price is right. 16 hours of battery life is pretty impressive for such a compact size.

Mogens

I love portable speakers, but I need some good bass for my music. Does the SRS-XB100 have decent bass for its size? User reviews would be helpful before I make a decision.

llisaa

Debating between the Sony SRS-XB100 and the JBL Flip 5. They seem similar in size and price. Anyone have experience with both? Which one has better sound quality?

Billy889

I'm a bit clumsy and tend to drop things sometimes. Is the SRS-XB100 durable enough to handle a few bumps and knocks? Waterproof is a big plus too.