Watership Down: this history of rabbit took an epic sense

ashley

Recently, there have been really good shows. The two giants, BBC and Netflix, jointly produced a cartoon "Rabbit Republic", a total of four episodes. I had watched it with a relaxed and happy mood, but I did n’t expect it to be such an adult fairy tale with so rich connotation. The value of Jane could not be stopped. It combined Genesis mythology, Exodus, philosophy, tribe, expedition, Hegemony, resistance, freedom, love, reconstruction and many other elements, Jane Value is an epic rabbit.

At the beginning, the ancient myth of a rabbit is expressed in a paper-cut form:

The great sun god created everything, he threw feces into the sky, and then turned into stars (covering his face). The ancestor of the rabbit family, Prince Al Arera, has many wives and children. His descendants are so numerous that even the sun god can't count, seriously affecting the ecological balance.

So the sun god called all the animal gatherings and gave each animal a gift. The heart of the fox, the wolf, the eagle claws, the silent claws of the cat, and the fangs of the wolf are all given to kill the children of Al Areira. These animals then became the natural enemies of the rabbit family.

A few days later the Prince Rabbit heard about this and went to the house to find the Sun God.

The sun god will really play Tai Chi. To the Prince of Rabbits, do you not want to know what I gave you?

I will let you grow a short tail and confuse your enemies.

Legs grow and run faster than them.

He grew his ears and listened to the sound thousands of miles away.

The whole world will be against you!

The prince of rabbits, who has thousands of natural enemies, they will kill you if they catch you. But the premise is that they can only catch you! You can dig, listen, and run. With a high degree of alertness, the rabbits in the cunning rabbit cave, your people will never be extinct.

Does this myth about rabbits sound familiar?

He even concealed Tagore ’s poems. God said to humans: "I heal you, so I hurt you, I love you, so I punish you."

Even from the perspective of Herald, the author of "A Brief History of Mankind," this fictional story about rabbits is perfect. Having emphasized the dangers and challenges facing the race, the natural enemies are powerful and ubiquitous. It is also emphasized that the rabbit clan is talented, and is the choice of heaven. In the face of strong enemies, the rabbit clan has never flinched or failed. The strength and luck are always on the rabbit side.

Not only emphasized the danger and a sense of urgency, but also fully mobilized racial self-confidence. It can't be said that it's not smart.

Do you believe in yourself or most?

After the legend, the real story takes place in a rabbit farm called Sandford. A thin rabbit named Duoduo had a terrible dream. He dreamed that the rabbit farm was full of blood and rabbit corpses. The rabbit ’s nest ’s extensive passage was destroyed by human excavators. In, a human killing of rabbits began.

Duoduo strongly anticipates that the dream will happen soon, Sandford will be destroyed soon, and he will tell his best brother Hazelnut what he has dreamed of.

Hazelnut believed in Duoduo's prediction, because Duoduo had predicted the summer flood before, and Hazelnut immediately took Duoduo to see the rabbit command Yamanashi.

In the world of rabbits, there are two classes of civilian rabbits and elite rabbits. The elite rabbit is responsible for maintaining the security and order of the tribe, and has the priority to obtain high-quality food and the priority to select female rabbits. When the civilian rabbit finds that the delicious food is preparing to eat, as long as there is an elite rabbit nearby, it must give the food to the elite rabbit.

Above the elite rabbit is the captain, and further up the rabbit nest leader.

Sandford ’s leader Yamanashi did n’t believe in Duoduo ’s predictions, and Duoduo eagerly and urged all rabbits to evacuate immediately and escape, must immediately!

The rabbit leader hesitated, just because of a weak, child-free dream, he moved the whole family out of the territory where he lived for many years, saying goodbye to the orderly and comfortable life, and going to the environment where the natural enemies are everywhere, always in an unknown and dangerous environment? Is it safe outside? If a lot of prophecy is true, if it is false, and the danger has not happened, then he is not a joke? How to lead all rabbits in the future?

Thinking of this, the rabbit commander ordered the two rabbits to be expelled, and angry with the guard long hair who let them in, accusing him of letting the stupid guy in.

Duduo and Hazelnut, who were driven out, decided to escape from this dangerous place overnight, but in order to learn more about saving rabbits, they secretly told all their relatives and friends in private. Some rabbits believed that they were willing to escape with them. Some rabbits felt that Ridiculous, some rabbits went to tell the elite rabbit.