How to upgrade Dangbei X3 to international version?

eden

Recently, Dangbei X3 has become more and more popular in Europe, America and parts of Asia. Here is how to upgrade Dangbei X3 to the international version.

This is a great method.

1、Format the U disk, make sure the format is FAT32, and the size is less than 64G.
2、Copy the downloaded file to the U disk.(Note: Please put the file in the first-level directory.)
3、Destroy the power supply,Insert the U disk into the first USB disk slot.
001.jpg

4、Plug in the power cord, the power button on the top of the projector lights up.(The light is white)
5、After the light is on,Long press the power button, wait for the power to flash.
002.jpg

6、After the playback light is bright, you can let go. At this point, the system has entered the upgrade procedure.
1641366808883.png

Then, you can wait for the upgrade to succeed.

Firmware download address:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TgI0cDsyPDx4Afq0jzs5peOPhS8mMEyP/view?usp=sharing

Basia

Recently, Dangbei X3 has become more and more popular in Europe, America and parts of Asia. Here is how to upgrade Dangbei X3 to the international version.

This is a great method.

1、Format the U disk, make sure the format is FAT32, and the size is less than 64G.
2、Copy the downloaded file to the U disk.(Note: Please put the file in the first-level directory.)
3、Destroy the power supply,Insert the U disk into the first USB disk slot.
View attachment 11629

4、Plug in the power cord, the power button on the top of the projector lights up.(The light is white)
5、After the light is on,Long press the power button, wait for the power to flash.
View attachment 11630

6、After the playback light is bright, you can let go. At this point, the system has entered the upgrade procedure.
View attachment 11631
Then, you can wait for the upgrade to succeed.

Firmware download address:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TgI0cDsyPDx4Afq0jzs5peOPhS8mMEyP/view?usp=sharing
Do you have photos of the interface? What firmware version?

esegan

eden

Where did you get this firmware and what version? After all, X3 is the Chinese version and there is no global version. I have X3, but I'm afraid to get a brick after flashing. Has anyone installed this firmware?

Lily15

eden

Where did you get this firmware and what version? After all, X3 is the Chinese version and there is no global version. I have X3, but I'm afraid to get a brick after flashing. Has anyone installed this firmware?
you can just install an Emotn Store, why bother to update a firmware

Barend Ray

eden

Dangbei now has a global version of the laser projector, Dangbei Mars Pro(4K), which is an upgraded version of the X3, instead of upgrading the firmware it is better to buy the official global version directly

admin

Administrator
Staff member

eden

You can experience the emotn ui app, which is very similar to this system.

esegan

Dangbei now has a global version of the laser projector, Dangbei Mars Pro(4K), which is an upgraded version of the X3, instead of upgrading the firmware it is better to buy the official global version directly
Dangbei Mars Pro(4K) and X3 are different models, and most importantly they cost different money, X3 is 1.5 times cheaper.
Also, the global firmware of Dangbei Mars Pro (4K) and X3 does not have access in android to the exact settings of the gray scale, gamma, color space, and so on. Therefore, they cannot be accurately calibrated to fixtures, only factory presets are available in the main menu. Of course, the average consumer probably doesn't need these settings to accurately calibrate the image. I have both of these models and the global X3 firmware from China and I installed it, but it is no longer fresh 1.9.8.x, 3 newer Chinese firmwares have already been released. But the last one on which you can change the language to English is only 2.6.1.1. In the latest update (May) of X3, there is no longer English, only Chinese.

Attachments

• IMG_20220521_124127.jpg
    IMG_20220521_124127.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20220521_124210.jpg
    IMG_20220521_124210.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_20220521_124222.jpg
    IMG_20220521_124222.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 227

wheelee

hi Esegan nice to see you here, how's your Mars Pro compared to the other projectors you owned in the past?

esegan

Dangbei Mars Pro 4K can only be compared with 4K XGIMI RS Pro 2 2200lumens, but I don't have 4K XGIMI RS Pro 2 in stock now, other 1080 models are not suitable for comparison and are cheaper.
Dangbei Mars Pro 4K is brighter, and also has at least 2 times more contrast, as it has an ALPD 3.0 laser and this is noticeable.
Also, thanks to the 4K shift 240Hz technology of the Dangbei Mars Pro 4K, I could not see the rainbow effect that is inherent only in laser projectors with a 1080 wheel, for example X3, xiaomi 2400 lumens.
I have not studied the image much yet and did not take measurements and measurements with the device, it arrived only 4 days ago.
In general, this is 1 4K laser Chinese short throw projector. The only negative, but important for me, it does not have access through the Dangbei.com application to the hidden android settings, where there is a full set of precise color and image settings like the Chinese X3.

Leo0214

Yes, super bright! And it's very clear, I love it very much.
By the way, it's not a short throw projector. Thought it projects so well:LOL:

Serah598

Dangbei Mars Pro(4K) and X3 are different models, and most importantly they cost different money, X3 is 1.5 times cheaper.
Also, the global firmware of Dangbei Mars Pro (4K) and X3 does not have access in android to the exact settings of the gray scale, gamma, color space, and so on. Therefore, they cannot be accurately calibrated to fixtures, only factory presets are available in the main menu. Of course, the average consumer probably doesn't need these settings to accurately calibrate the image. I have both of these models and the global X3 firmware from China and I installed it, but it is no longer fresh 1.9.8.x, 3 newer Chinese firmwares have already been released. But the last one on which you can change the language to English is only 2.6.1.1. In the latest update (May) of X3, there is no longer English, only Chinese.
I have a firmware of version 2.1.9.8, which should be the latest version

Last edited:

Appholic

Dangbei Mars Pro 4K can only be compared with 4K XGIMI RS Pro 2 2200lumens, but I don't have 4K XGIMI RS Pro 2 in stock now, other 1080 models are not suitable for comparison and are cheaper.
Dangbei Mars Pro 4K is brighter, and also has at least 2 times more contrast, as it has an ALPD 3.0 laser and this is noticeable.
Also, thanks to the 4K shift 240Hz technology of the Dangbei Mars Pro 4K, I could not see the rainbow effect that is inherent only in laser projectors with a 1080 wheel, for example X3, xiaomi 2400 lumens.
I have not studied the image much yet and did not take measurements and measurements with the device, it arrived only 4 days ago.
In general, this is 1 4K laser Chinese short throw projector. The only negative, but important for me, it does not have access through the Dangbei.com application to the hidden android settings, where there is a full set of precise color and image settings like the Chinese X3.
There is a global app market Emotn Store, which has the functions of Dangbei.com you mentioned

I saw that Dangbei is coming out with X3 Pro in China, which should be Mars Pro. The quality of the picture is amazing when the projector projects 300inch, have you ever tried such a big screen?

esegan

Yes, super bright! And it's very clear, I love it very much.
By the way, it's not a short throw projector. Thought it projects so well:LOL:
This is a 1.27:1 short throw projector, not to be confused with ultra short throw 0.23-0.33:1, long throw over 1.5:1 and basically a lamp. In general, there are 3 projection distance classifications.