Rumor: Xbox Series X price at $ 400 and Xbox Series S at $200?

akagi1945

You may have seen a rumor in recent days about the Xbox Series X at $ 400 and an Xbox Series S at half price, $ 200. In any case, the source of this rumor does not seem more justified than a piece of paper found in the street, and we will explain why.

Source of Rumor: Xbox Series X price at $ 400 and Xbox Series S at $200?

It all started with an article from wccftech , a site used to relaying many rumors. This then evokes a user of the Beyond3D forums who calls himself "eastmen", and who declares that the Xbox Series X should cost $ 400, and the Xbox Lockhart half price.

Another Xbox edition, which we've been talking about for over a year, would be the Xbox Series S, a slightly less powerful but much more affordable next-gen console (and possibly without a Blu-Ray disc player). The website also says that the Xbox conference in July might release it by surprise, a succession of “mic drop” according to it.

I have taken a look at Resetera, a forum which emphasizes the veracity of the information, but here again, many are wondering about the veracity of this source which however does not seem to have any history. As it stands, nothing therefore allows us to give credit to this rumor, any more than if we came across an anonymous on Reddit, or another on 4Chan. No renowned insider has confirmed these claims, so there is nothing i can do about them.

Xbox Series X price pending, Xbox Lockhart not yet official

The pricing for the Xbox Series X remains a mystery. Phil Spencer indicated at the beginning of the month that the price was an important element but that the strategy of Xbox was rather oriented towards the player, his tastes and his habits. The machine as such is only one component of the experience.

Our strategy isn't about the number of Xboxes I'm selling this year. We focus on providing services via the Xbox Game Pass, which allows users to create their library for a monthly fee. Backward compatibility means that the console they have can play thousands and thousands of games. Smart Delivery means that when they move to the next generation, the games will evolve with them.

Microsoft still has to formalize the pre-orders for the new Xbox. Without a release date, it is impossible to launch the operation and start generating a real wait. These elements will be announced in July at the earliest, or even in August at the latest.

As for the Xbox “Lockhart”, which should probably become the "Xbox Series S”, we have been talking about it for more than a year now. We have published several articles on it and everything suggests that it would be a real new generation Xbox console, probably a little less powerful than the Xbox Series X, but significantly less expensive. If it were to see the light of day, as we think, the Xbox Series S might not have a Blu-Ray player, like the PS5 Digital Edition recently unveiled by Sony.

The next few weeks will be the most important of the year when we talk about the pre-launch of the new next-gen consoles. Sony and Microsoft have been watching and waiting for each other for months, but time is running out and announcements are bound to arrive during the summer. Even if a possible speaking is envisaged during the next 10 days without one being able to guess the content, the Xbox conference of July constitutes THE next next big Microsoft meeting with the public and the press.

Related:

venice123

Honestly I would have liked to be able to choose between digital and physical version on the X series. A Lockhart will be interesting for those who do not see the point of having a lot of power available or who have a small JV budget.

It will most likely be the XsX for my part. No matter the exclusive line up, the gamepass is a must.

Ps: It's nice to see the site alive, it must have been a hell of a sea ... to repair. In addition it would have been bad not to be able to cover the xbox xD conf

Personally I don't believe it either. In my opinion the XBOX Series X will be at the same price as the One at its release date $ 500. But hey, for now we can only speculate.

Xmint

It will be interesting to see what MS will offer for its second Xbox Next-gen.

1 / Like Sony: an all digital “Lockart” but with the same hardware power for a slightly lower price than the Xbox Series X.

2 / An Xbox “Lockart” with a player but with less raw power than the X Series (Ray tracing and VRR compatible).

3 / an Xbox “Lockart” all digital and with less raw power than the X Series (Ray tracing and VRR compatible